.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

First love...and true love



These are two different loves that I have experienced in my life. Each is totally different in so many ways from the other.

My first love was when I was a young impulsive girl, thinking it was wise and so romantic to marry this handsome fellow so soon after we met. I did not know his true character or weaknesses. I did not know enough to look for the important qualities that would make for a good husband. Years down the road, the many problems in the marriage led to heartache and divorce.

My true love came along when I was older and more mature. I was wiser in my choosing, wiser in what to look for and observe in the fellow; things that would add to making a good lasting foundation in a marriage.
True love is built on trust, kindness, consideration, unselfishness, patience and tenderness.