.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Small town girl at heart


Before I moved to St. George, Utah, I lived in a very small community of around 5,000 people. St. George has over 100,000 people.

Life in small towns is so much different. It doesn’t take 15 minutes to drive from one end of town to the other. Most everyone knows every one else and they greet each other with a big smile and a genuine “Hi, how are you?” Traffic is not made up of the hurried, harried, and road-raged drivers. It doesn’t take 3 hours to go to 3 different stops in town because town is not stretched out over a very large radius. There is not all the many great numbers of stores to choose from and thus less money is spent in impulse buying.

Sometimes I really miss the little town I used to live in. Life seemed slower, easier, calmer, more relaxed, and just plain nicer, then. Guess I am just a small town girl at heart.