.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Our personalities

photo from: http://www.petswithpersonality.co.uk/


We all come with distinct personalities....so many different types that it is hard to imagine. Are we born with our personalities or do we develop it as we grow and mature? Is it possible to change our personalities, if we desire to?

Sometimes I do not like parts of my personality. I feel like it gets me into trouble occasionally....and can cause others to want to distance themselves from me. I have this playful sense of humor, sometimes, that I think others don’t appreciate! Is it possible to consciously change my personality?

I went online and did some research and one site made the statement that: “studies done around Temperament suggest that we are each born with our temperaments intact”.

May I share more?

It was interesting to read about one persons studies and observations. He created the theory of temperament associated with types. He developed his own descriptions for the four temperament categories and the sixteen personality types that fit into one of the four temperament categories.

In case you are interested....I will continue.

I will now list his descriptions of the four temperaments, and below each one is the individual personality types that go with it.

“The Guardians” ...(security seeking)
* The Supervisors
* The Inspectors
* The Providers
* The Protectors

“The Artisans” ...(sensation seeking)
* The Promoters
* The Crafters
* The Performers
* The Composers

“The Rationals” ...(knowledge seeking)
* The Field marshals
* The Masterminds
* The Inventors
* The Architects

“The Idealists” ...(identity seeking)
* The Teachers
* The Counselors
* The Champions
* The Healers


If you want to learn more, click on the following link:

http://personalitypage.com/four-temps.html