.

Monday, March 24, 2008

What determines our "favorites" ?



Have you noticed how many people have differing opinions on what they classify to be their "favorite”, for anything? If you think about it...almost everything under the sun can be a candidate for someone’s favorite. A to Z.... you name it. Think about foods, sports, places, pets, colors, hobbies, movies, TV, etc. The list is endless.

Ok...we all have our favorites. So, what makes them our favorites?

I for one have my very own favorite male actors (of our modern day era). MY choices are based upon several things that I deem important to me. A few of them are: ability, style, talent, looks, (and this next one is VERY important and impressive to me, and always wins my vote, as far as I am concerned)....and that is, the extreme amount of time and work involved by the actor to thoroughly learn about his character enough to uniquely portray them. The films, “Walk the Line” (excellent in that regard), “Tootsie”, “Rain Man” and “Mrs. Doubtfire” are just a few that come to mind. I realize there are many, many movies like these.

Of course my favorite movies are not necessarily your favorites because I mostly lean towards love stories. And you may also look for different qualities in an actor, than I do.


Our choices are unique to us, individually. Take colors for instance. My favorite color is baby blue. Why do I LOVE that color so much? It is a warm, soft color. Blue compliments my skin color, eyes and hair. So I am drawn to the color blue.

Think about ALL of YOUR varied favorites. Mentally ponder the reasons you chose each favorite. It can be very interesting and it can teach you something about yourself.

Ok...so I know you are dying to know my favorite actors: Johnny Depp, Patrick Dempsey, Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams, and Nicolas Cage.