.

Friday, November 9, 2007

My nasty and eerie computer!


I am having some very strange experiences with my computer. I think someone put a spell on it, because it is out to get me. Let me relate a few experiences I have been having.

I enjoy watching a movie in the evenings to relax, and maybe it gets over around 10:30 or 11pm. I then consider going to bed…BUT…and here is the eerie part….my computer starts calling out to me, “come here, come here”.

I really try to resist but I feel helpless against it’s magnet-like pull. I keep telling myself not to listen and to go to bed so that I can get my restful sleep. But I am no match for my computer….I am too weak to resist. And quicker than you can sneeze, I find myself seated before the darn thing.

Ok…I will just check my e-mails and then I will go to bed. So I check my mail and then the eerie computer starts in again.. “now you had better file all those hundreds of e-mails in your inbox so you can find things”. I want to go to bed! “It won’t take long and you will feel so good that you did that”. Ok, but then I am going to bed!

So I finish filing the hundreds of e-mail and then I look at the clock….it is 12:30am, 90 minutes since I first sat down in front of this eerie machine! The computer won’t let me alone…what is the matter with it?!!!! Now it is urging me to check on a clip art website that it remembered I wanted to visit. I will do it in the morning! “Why put it off till the morning…aren’t you anxious to see what is on it?” It is like I am in a trance…next thing I know I am into the clip art site. “Oh that one is cute, you better save that…and look here at this one, better save that one too”.

Well, I again look at the clock and it is now 2:30am! I need and want to go to bed…NOW! “In a minute, but just do this one little last thing first”. Oh my gosh…I can’t believe it…my computer has hypnotized me! It is controlling me….help! help! Now it wants me to go into my file that I keep my clip art and other images. I am urged to start rearranging and organizing all my images!

What a mess that was to take care of. I look at the clock again…it is now 4:30am. WHAT! Where did all the time go?!! That’s it, hypnotized or not…I MUST GET TO BED! I take one strong will-power move (against all other unseen powers)…and click on the words: TURN OFF COMPUTER. There…I did it. I won this time. That computer can’t control me anymore. Good night.

That was last night. Tonight is very hopeful of an early bed time right after my movie. The movie gets over and I start getting ready for bed. Oh, no! Not that voice in my head again: “come here, come here”…as I glance over at my nasty, eerie computer. No, please, no…not tonight. I am so tired. I must go to bed to catch up on the sleep I missed last night. “It will only take a minute….didn’t you say you wanted to check out something on YouTube?”