.

Monday, November 26, 2007

The things we take for granted


We get so comfortable with our life style and the things that make ease of living. But then one day, for whatever reason, those things temporarily cease to be there for us….and we realize how much we have taken it for granted.

For instance…telephones. Have you ever had service to your regular telephone or cell phone interrupted? My goodness, but we can’t function without it!!!! We feel that we are cut off from the human race.

Another is electricity. When we have a power outage lasting longer than 10 minutes we wander around lost, with nothing to do. Everything is run by electricity. I have been known to enter a room and try to switch on the light....out of habit.

Then there is our water supply. When the city decides to turn off the water for whatever reason… that’s when we realize how often we do use water. Automatically I am at the sink trying to wash my hands, or get a drink, or get a pot of water for cooking or rinsing food. Oh yah... then there’s flushing the toilet.

Computers that die….well say your prayers. Life almost ceases to exist then!! I really dread the day when that happens to me….again!