.

Friday, January 4, 2008

What I value and treasure most in my life


I have never desired tons of money....only to have sufficient for my needs (and a few “wants”). I have never coveted those large fancy homes (can’t even keep clean the very small place I have now)....or the shiny new cars (I don’t like payments).

I have never been out of the United States...never craved to. And I have only been to maybe less than a dozen states (either because I lived there or near there or my children live there).

Thought only briefly about taking a cruise a few times....but only very briefly. I would sooner visit the rest of the U.S. first.

I have been fortunate that I have not had to work most of my life (just a stay at home mommy)...so I have no “career path” that is driving me.

My interests are very simple and basic....I am more of a homebody and not even a “party-type” person. I am sure I sound very dull and un-interesting. But everyone is different in their needs, desires, wants, abilities, personalities, and interests.

So, ruling out all of the above as far as what I value and treasure in life....what IS it then that is so terribly important, precious and valuable to me? What brings contentment to my soul? What is it that I deem as my greatest treasures in my life?

My family...My faith...My Church...My belief and trust in God

That’s it in a nutshell....very simple, basic, down to earth, and extremely rewarding, peaceful, and fulfilling above anything else that I can ever imagine, or desire, for myself and my life.