.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The word "wellness"


(see the January 18th post)


WELLNESS is..... being well; feeling good; in good health; not sick; keeping healthy; getting exercise; eating better; and a host of other things.

When we are feeling well, we go about our busy daily life and almost take for granted that we DO feel well. When we fall ill, then we surely do sit up and take notice of that fact and have a greater sense of appreciation for the days that we feel good.

I have noticed that when I am ill, I don’t like it and I find myself making plans to try harder to do the right things to keep me healthier so that I might not fall ill again.

Wellness is an earned gift for the hard work, time, and consistent effort we put into a health program that will keep us fit.

So....what does the word WELLNESS mean to you?